ELEVATOR Artist Resource is a hub for the creators of our community to access resources, professional development, and promotional tools to elevate their economic growth and community engagement. By helping individual artists have a collective voice to advocate for their interests and helping to remove barriers to access, ELEVATOR empowers our creative community to find sustainability in their practice and in their careers – in any discipline. Current opportunities include:
Artist: Jeremy Lewis; Photo: John Nation
ELEVATOR Artist Resource is leading the new Artist Relief Trust, a coalition-led initiative working to provide emergency assistance to artists in need who have lost work due to Coronavirus/COVID-19 related closures & cancellations.
ELEVATOR has joined forces with Culturalyst, a New Orleans-based start-up that is building a national network of local artist directories, to bring you Culturalyst Louisville: an online directory for artists of all disciplines who reside in the Greater Louisville Area. In mere minutes artists can create & activate a unique profile of their work including cover & profile photos, Google-indexed artist statement, links to all online properties, and a full gallery of work (songs, images, video). The directory is public and searchable by medium and genre, among other attributes. It also includes a “tipping” tool allowing fans of your work to send you money directly in support of your ongoing work.
• Increase individual artists’ access to opportunities & resources.
• Increase our community’s access to artists.
• Break down disciplinary and generational silos to encourage new, interesting collaboration & networking opportunities.
• Better prepare artists to articulate and apply their distinctive competencies in a variety of community & business contexts.
• Provide artists with tools to be their own producers and incorporate business & entrepreneurship training into the core of our programming (production, marketing, distribution, and fundraising).
• Empower our creative community to find sustainability in their careers and foster a deeper sense of connection, collaboration, and intersectional engagement within Greater Louisville – and beyond.
Contact us for further information regarding artist support, professional development opportunities, artist resources, mentorship, career consultation, and other services, or to find out how you can become involved.